Soil Pacific Inc. (SPI) has a staff of trained geologists, geotechnical engineers, and water resources engineers who provide a full range of ground water services. In addition, SPI environmental, civil, mechanical, and chemical engineers provide remedial action designs. More specifically, services include:
- Preparation of field investigation plans, sampling plans, and ground water monitoring programs
- Design and preparation of specifications for monitoring, testing, extraction, and water supply wells
- Field geological services for logging soil and bedrock borings, installing monitoring and production wells, conducting aquifer tests, and collecting soil and ground water samples
- Performance of RCRA comprehensive ground water monitoring evaluations;
- Evaluation of geologic and hydrogeologic data;
- Computer modeling of ground water flow, contaminant transport, and proposed remedial actions.
If the schedule permits, SPI often proposes a ground water contamination investigation program because data on waste disposal locations, past disposal practices, and hydrogeologic conditions are often limited or unknown. After reviewing all available information for a site, further action may include conducting surface and subsurface geophysics (optional), installing a limited number of monitoring wells and sampling these wells, collecting ground water and geologic formation samples, and performing hydraulic conductivity or permeability tests for saturated and unsaturated zones. Based on an evaluation of the data collected, monitoring wells are installed, and other investigations are conducted as required. Analytical and numerical computer models are used to predict ground water flow and contaminant transport, identify migration pathways and potential receptors, and assess the ability of remedial actions to contain or otherwise mitigate contamination.
The breadth of SPI's technical experience in ground water investigations and remediation, along with a comprehensive knowledge of the environmental regulations, has enabled the firm to provide cost-effective services to private, industrial, and municipal clients in site evaluations. Other related experience includes preparing and implementing RCRA permits, ground water monitoring programs, corrective action measures, and wetlands restoration and mitigation.